Issue 7719th July 2017
Issue 794th February 2018
- Clive Gammon, probably the finest fishing travel writer of modern times, has died aged 73. He took this near-70lb taimen on the Mongolian border.
- This photograph is of Sir Winston Churchill. The picture, and a rod used by the former British prime minister, turned up unexpectedly in a Devon bookshop.
- Several record fish including an 182lb tarpon, caught by the famed Billy Pate, were on offer at a Florida auction of his tackle and memorabilia.
- Big mahseer may never be caught again on the famous stretches of India’s river Cauvery.
- The first carp to be landed over 100lb has been caught from a purpose-built fishery in Hungary.
- The second part of our feature on Lord Baden-Powell discusses his fishing involvement after he left the army.
Europe, Rest of World, UK & Northern Ireland